Caring for your FootAligners
The patent-protected combination of materials that make up the FootAligner will set rigid as a result of being heated and then rapidly cooled as part of the molding process. Many of our patients have gotten several years of life out of their FootAligners, including high use high impact marathon runners. Like all custom orthotics, longevity can vary between patients and how they care for the orthotic.
Following are some handy care instructions and tips to make sure you get the most out of your orth0tics.
- Most people can wear their FootAligners comfortably from the first day. If you do experience discomfort, remove them from your footwear, and wear them in gradually, day by day.
- Do not wear your FootAligners for sports activities until you can comfortably wear them all day, every day for at least one week.
- Always make sure that your FootAligners fit snugly back into the heel of your shoe. Avoid use in old or worn out footwear.
- Do not expose FootAligners to high temperatures (<122°F/50°C) or water. Occasionally remove from footwear, so your shoe can aerate.
- Dog owners be alert – dogs love chewing your FootAligners!
- Do not put FootAligners in a washing machine or dryer. Clean with a dab of disinfectant on a cloth. If they do get wet, wipe with a cloth and let them dry in the shade.